Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Is Mold Growing in Your Oyster Bay Home?
As a humid continental climate, the Oyster Bay area battles a higher moisture content in the environment throughout the year. Understanding the likelihood of mold and microbial threats can help you remain more diligent about looking for signs and indicators that colonization might have started. Initial mold damage might not be apparent, which can lead homeowners to seek third-party mold inspectors and testing to identify what, if any, actions are necessary to remove microbial threats.
Effective Remediation Strategies for Damaged Properties
We follow New York's strict mold guidelines and begin remediation based on data collected by third-party vendors. We understand the importance of working quickly to resolve these threats, so drying out moisture in the affected area and remediating active colonization is vital. To accomplish this, our SERVPRO team can choose several potential remediation actions to gain control of a rapidly spreading organism in the house. Some of these remediation strategies include:
- Surface cleaning with antimicrobial products
- Soda blasting
- Abrasive cleaning
- Controlled demolition
Removing Lingering Odors
Surprisingly, one of the most formidable obstacles for remediation professionals to overcome after addressing mold concerns is the lingering odors. We have multiple tools and products that can address these concerns, though deodorization cannot be effective until confirmation that any active colonization has been removed. Once these areas have been cleaned, we can utilize thermal fogging, hydroxyl generators, and other devices to filter out microbes and neutralize musty odors.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (516) 464-3300
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Oyster Bay?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
As water and mold damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We invest in the latest equipment and ongoing mold remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. We will isolate the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (516) 464-3300
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Oyster Bay is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property. We are proud to be an active member of the Oyster Bay community and want to pitch in and help make our community the best it can be.
When a major storm or event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 2120 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.
We proudly serve Oyster Bay, NY, Glen Cove, NY, Bayville, NY, and surrounding areas.