Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Is Mold Growing in Your Oyster Bay Home?
As a humid continental climate, the Oyster Bay area battles a higher moisture content in the environment throughout the year. Understanding the likelihood of mold and microbial threats can help you remain more diligent about looking for signs and indicators that colonization might have started. Initial mold damage might not be apparent, which can lead homeowners to seek third-party mold inspectors and testing to identify what, if any, actions are necessary to remove microbial threats.
Effective Remediation Strategies for Damaged Properties
We follow New York's strict mold guidelines and begin remediation based on data collected by third-party vendors. We understand the importance of working quickly to resolve these threats, so drying out moisture in the affected area and remediating active colonization is vital. To accomplish this, our SERVPRO team can choose several potential remediation actions to gain control of a rapidly spreading organism in the house. Some of these remediation strategies include:
- Surface cleaning with antimicrobial products
- Soda blasting
- Abrasive cleaning
- Controlled demolition
Removing Lingering Odors
Surprisingly, one of the most formidable obstacles for remediation professionals to overcome after addressing mold concerns is the lingering odors. We have multiple tools and products that can address these concerns, though deodorization cannot be effective until confirmation that any active colonization has been removed. Once these areas have been cleaned, we can utilize thermal fogging, hydroxyl generators, and other devices to filter out microbes and neutralize musty odors.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (516) 464-3300
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Oyster Bay?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We have the training and expertise to safely handle any mold situation.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our advanced equipment helps to detect and stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (516) 464-3300
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Oyster Bay is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are proud to provide mold remediation services in our local communities: